MY 7 RIDE-OR-DIE PRODUCTS FOR THE PERFECT SUMMER GLOW

Miraculously, warm weather has FINALLY arrived in New York City and I could not be happier (or more relieved).  With sunshine comes drinks on the roof, dinner al fresco, backyard barbecues, waterfront parties and lazy days on the beach.  Of course, all of this outdoor activity in heat and humidity requires some adjustments to the ol’ makeup routine, which, for me, is mostly aimed at making myself look as much like Jennifer Lopez as possible.  When you’re out in the sunshine, you don’t want to have caked-on makeup, you just want that subtle, natural, J. Lo glow.  Amiright?

Sadly, God did not bless me with her flawless, ageless Puerto Rican skin, however, God did give me an internet connection and access to the Nordstrom beauty department.  Today, I’m breaking down seven easy-to-use makeup products that will give you the perfect summer glow.  Six of these products I’ve used for many years, and one is a brand new favorite that I’ve completely fallen in love with…   

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Glow Pads

1.  // Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Glow Pads 

These little pads are simply one of THE. BEST. beauty products on the market; I’ve been using them religiously for years.  To start, they provide the most natural, streak-free sunless tanning glow and since I’m careful about keeping the sun off my face (because wrinkles!), these are mission-critical in helping to keep my face from looking ghost-like in the summer months.  BUT THAT’S NOT ALL FOLKS.  These little pads are also loaded with tons of anti-aging benefits, most prominently, alpha and beta hydroxy acids.  If you read my recent skincare memo all about exfoliation, you know that acid exfoliation is one of the most important parts of my skincare routine (and hopefully yours too!).  It’s the unique combination of the subtle color with the AHAs, BHAs, Vitamin D and other skin-nourishing ingredients that leave your skin truly GLOWING after one use of this product.  I can’t recommend them highly enough.

summer glow makeup products Mario Badescu Facial Spray

2.  // Mario Badescu Facial Spray

In the summer, I keep one of these in my bathroom and most days, I carry a second one in my purse.  Here’s the deal: this amazing spray provides a cooling boost of hydration that’s packed with antioxidants.  I use it in the morning under makeup to infuse more hydration before applying moisturizer, but I also spray it on top of my makeup whenever I need a pick-me-up (i.e. after a long day when things start to look tired and/or dried out.  When I spray it on top of makeup, it brings everything alive and creates the prettiest dewy finish.  For an extra cooling boost, you can even store this in your refrigerator.  Definitely a summer must-have for me.

 

 

 

summer glow makeup products Laura Mercier Radiance Primer

3.  // Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer

As you know, this Laura Mercier radiance primer has been my go-to for years.  It really keeps foundation in place and also gives you a little bit of that “glowing from within” radiance.  I typically wear matte foundation, but starting with this product really helps achieve that perfect summertime glow.

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

4.  // Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

This is the newest product in my makeup bag and I’m utterly OBSESSED.  I don’t even fully know how to describe this product.  It’s like a lightweight foundation, a highlighter and a primer had a weirdly perfect baby.  On low-key days where I’m going for that no-makeup look, I simply apply a thin layer of this product all over my face with nothing other than a little mascara and blush. And, as the name suggests, it honestly looks like I have that glowy snapchat filter IRL.  You can use it as a primer, mix it with your foundation, use as a highlighter or apply all over.  It’s the best and absolutely perfect for a minimalist summer beauty routine.

TOM FORD Shade & Illuminate Highlighter & Shader Duet

5.  // TOM FORD Shade & Illuminate Highlighter & Shader Duet

This contouring duet comes in two shades depending on your skin tone and the fact that it’s a cream product is the key to creating a natural, dewy look.  The highlighter side provides a completely translucent subtle shimmer, perfect for dabbing on the tops of your cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, on your cupid’s bow and right under the arch of your eyebrows.  As for the darker contour side, I place this right under my cheekbones and at the top of my forehead, to add subtle structure and definition.

Laura Mercier Facial Illuminator

6.  // Laura Mercier Facial Illuminator

On a regular day, I will often skip the highlight side of the above Tom Ford palette (since it has a stronger effect) and will just dust a little of this highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and right beneath the arch of my eyebrows.  I feel that I have a little more control with this powder product on days when I only want the most subtle highlight.  If I have a special occasion, I will typically use the highlight side of the Tom Ford Contouring Duet above, and then set that cream product with a light dusting of this Laura Mercier highlighter over the top.  Like the Tom Ford highlighter, this product is the perfect color (it also comes in a few other shades depending on your skin tone), is not sparkly, and blends beautifully.

Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna

7.  // Nars Bronzing Powder

I’ve been using this Nars bronzer since high school and there’s no question that NARS wins the bronzer game.  I use this on my face and even dust some on my chest and shoulders in the summer.  It has a very subtle shimmer, but looks totally natural and never orange which is the danger with most bronzers. Also, their Laguna shade somehow magically works on absolutely every skin tone.

Comments